Pavement Technology Centre (PTC) specialising in Pavement Testing Australia is Australia’s first independent testing and consulting facility, founded by two industry experts, Achint Choudhary and Andy Ky in 2016.
Achint has more than 45 years experience in the civil pavement industry in various countries such as India, Iraq, Kuwait and Australia. Achint’s most recent position was Principal Scientist at Downer Australia. His previous experiences include Senior Research chemist at ExxonMobil and Mobil Oil Australia. Achint is an expert in testing and developing new bituminous products, PMB’s, bitumen emulsions, Slurry, Micro-surfacing, Foam bitumen technology, and advanced mastic coatings. He has a proven track record in product innovation and problem solving.
Andy with over 25 years’ experience in the pavement industry, is an expert in pavement modelling, designing mixes, and developing new hot and cold bituminous products. Andy was one of the early pioneers in the use of foam bitumen technology. He has a proven track record in building and managing R&D laboratories for Mobil oil Australia, Emoleum, Citywide and Downer. Andy’s most recent role was Technical Manager for Downer Australia.
PTC’s knowledge and professional expertise can be categorised into the following areas:
- Hot mix asphalt mix design, performance, quality assurance and development
- Foam bitumen mix design, performance, quality assurance and technical advice
- Bitumen and PMB performance, formulations, quality assurance and product development
- Bitumen emulsions, application formulations, performance, quality assurance and development
- Pavement preservation technologies, application formulations, performance, quality assurance and development
- Pavement investigations and design special pavement airport, race track and road construction
- Expert laboratory services in recycled tyre rubber, advanced mastic coatings, formulations, bitumen additives, emulsion additives, polymer, lube oils and grease
- Problem solving and forensic investigation
- Pavement Testing Australia
Pavement Technology Centre provide services to wide range of countries and regions, including:
Australia: Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Alice Springs, Hobart, Canberra, Gold Coast
Other Countries: New Zealand, Singapore, United States (USA), United Kingdom, UAE, Dubai, India, Brazil, Chile, Malaysia, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, South Korea, Egypt, Italy, Canada, Norway, Finland, Kuwait, Papua New Guinea (PNG), South Africa, Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Saudi Arabia, Latvia, Austria, Europe, Macedonia, Bosnia, Greece, Iceland, Sweden, China, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Oman, Iran, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Scotland, Ireland and more.
NATA Accredited Facility
Our state of the art facility is NATA accredited, giving you the confidence in our services and expertise.
Research and Development
We have the expertise to improve your existing products or develop customised products to your needs.